Our vision is to return downtown Shenandoah to an active pedestrian-oriented business district that will promote and sustain further economic, cultural and civic growth within the Borough of Shenandoah.
- Our mission is to stimulate economic development by encouraging cooperation and building leadership in the business community;
- To develop a marketing strategy that will provide an improved retail mix, strengthen the tax base, increase investor confidence; to build a viable tourism effort;
- To promote a unified, quality image of Downtown Shenandoah as a center of goods and services;
- To create an attractive, coordinated visual impression of Shenandoah through facade improvements streetscape and historic preservation of our existing buildings.
In order to work toward our goals, DSI meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Downtown Shenandoah, Inc. office located at 116 North Main Street. For more information on Downtown Shenandoah, Inc. please contact Mary Luscavage, Downtown Manager at 570-462-2060.
- Downtown Shenandoah, Inc. was incorporated in 2003, accepted organizational by-laws and completed the profile according to state requirements. DSI also attained its 501c3 non - profit status in 2003.
- In 2004 DSI partnered with Upper Schuylkill and five other towns in its regional revitalization effort. DSI also participated in the Upper Schuylkill Pedestrian/Safety Initiative and the Pilot Penn Dot Safety grant program.
- DSI’s first Town meeting held in 2004 was a huge success. In February of 2005 DSI kicked off its”Return to Prominence” Capital campaign. It has now reached $100,000. DSI is a member of the PA Downtown Center.
- After performing initial marketing analysis and published the results in economic positioning strategy DSI was accepted into DCED Main Street Program in March of 2006.
- DSI secured an office in 2006 and in September of 2007 hired a manager. Mary Luscavage is a long time resident of Shenandoah.
- DSI has been instrumental in aiding local businesses to renovate their buildings with the Design Challenge grant. To date they have over $60,000 in Facade Grant money.
- Continue with Business Retention and Recruitment
- Build Community Partnerships
- Continued Regional Partnership
- Business Mixer
Downtown Shenandoah, Inc.
116 North Main St
Shenandoah, PA 17976
Mary Luscavage, Main Street Manager